24 May 2008

WOW - furthest run ever today!

It's a lovely warm Saturday morning here in Leeds and as I didn't feel quite up to my Friday trot out yesterday, I decided to get off my ar*e and run this morning. I've been playing on 'Running Ahead' with various routes for the next few weeks - upping a half kilometre every time to increase the time I spend out running so i'll be ready for the 10k. I seem to be able to increase the distances OK - 2 weeks ago I wasn't getting to 2 miles, now I'm over 4 - but I'm getting slower and slower! At this rate I'll be finishing the race backwards! never mind - I ran for the longest time and distance ever this morning so that's always a fun one! 6.7k and 57 minutes.....It's not a marathon, and I'm no Paula Radcliffe, but it'll do for me! I even felt quite good at the end - mind you the last 2 miles is downhill! Always a boost.
Off to the shops to get burgers and stuff for our BBQ later on this afternoon - then it's the Kaisers tonight at Elland Road. Don't you just love bank holiday Saturdays???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!