25 Sept 2010

Squids and Things

So, Dan posted this rather innocuous looking link on Facebook...



I'll explain for those of you who don't know how facebook works - (Mum, Jane, Uncle Ste, I'm talking to you!) On Facebook, you can link to websites, and you can link to other people on Facebook - and this is then posted onto a public noticeboard which can be seen by your friends. You get notified if someone links to you (you can tell by my name in blue that Dan linked to me) and so I was notified, and was intrigued; I clicked on the link. It took me here...

Stitch-A-Squid - Stitch London

The general premise, if you don't want to go onto the site and read all the blurb, is that a social knitting club were getting together with the Natural History Museum to enjoy their Deep Sea Exhibition.

You were to meet, with needles and wool, in the main exhibition hall of the NHM, and join fellow nutty knitters to create a squid. Yes, that's correct!

If I *could* have been there, I would. Leeds is a little far away from the NHM. However, this wasn't a problem, it seemed. Deadly KnitShade, the driving force behind Stitch London had created some patterns for various squirmy deep sea creatures and was going to publish the squid one on everybody's favourite Knitting Website - Ravelry!

I bought eyes and orange wool.

I set the "waiting with squiddly anticipation" flag.

I waited.

Finally, the pattern appeared. I paid my dues (no it wasn't six quid, arf arf arf) and downloaded the pattern. I had no idea what was beginning. I began to knit...



...and knit


and knit!



I put a photo of my 1st 3 squid back up on the Ravelry Website where DeadlyKnitshade had posted the pattern in the 1st place, and guess what? She wrote to me to tell me how nice they were! How cool is that? I love the internet!!!

As I write this blog, I have yet another squid in production - just sewn the head together. I think this will be No. 10!! I had no idea how addictive squid could be. 

Not so long ago, Dan, posted this on Facebook


Pigeons. Tiny. Round. Cute. I think I'm done for!

Mind you, once you start looking online for cute little craft projects, you never know what you will find...


Cork Ninjas. OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!