14 May 2007

The break-in hasn't affected me at all.......or has it?

As I've been delighted to tell people, the break-in hasn't affected me at all. I've not slept any better/worse, it's not been weighing on my mind, I don't walk downstairs in trepidation. In fact, life continues just as it always did in the Aldridge/Rossi household. That is until the dream I had this morning

Let me set the scene.

I awoke at about 4:30 this morning to strains of the dawn chorus coming through the bedroom window. This is the window which is directly above the patio doors which were the entry point to the burglary. This window is also just below the eves of the house in which we have a family of very loud starlings nesting. They cheep, screech and scrabble in such a way that makes you think they're coming through the wall - we call them the flying haunted hedgehogs for reasons which are probably best left to another posting!!!!!

With all this noise going on I fell back asleep but started dreaming that I was awake in the bedroom looking out of the window at the starlings flying in and out of the nest. The birds were HUGE like swans and were thumping around in the roof-space making one helluva noise. In my dream I got back into bed and tried to get back to sleep. Suddenly I looked up at the ceiling where there was a small window in the roof (which there isn't in real life!) I saw a foot and an ankle stepping past the window. In an instant I knew it was the burglars who had returned for more stuff! I opened the window and grabbed the guy's leg, dragging him through the window...at the same time shouting for Dan to wake up & call the police.

We tied him up with the velcro fasteners you use to keep cables tidy, and went up onto the roof, which, in my dream, had morphed into something like the roof of a stately home, going for miles in each direction. Up there was my stereo, Dan's amp, the table and chairs and loads of our stuff. No wonder there was alot of thumping noises coming from the roof! We were trying to work out how they could have got it all up there without us noticing especially as the loft hatch is right outside the bedroom door. That was when we remembered the lift which seemed to have appeared from nowhere but which was at the back of the house, leading upstairs from a room which looked remarkably like Mum and Dad's dining room, and ending up on a flat roof space which was actually the top of the Museu d'Historia de Tarragona (remember Mum?)! Somehow all our friends arrived and as most of our stuff was up there they all came up to support / help us. We ended up having a very nice party up there.

So no, it's not affecting me at ALL.

There ya go Janey - beat that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!