16 Sept 2008

A sad bit of soppiness

When I was out in the USA, I felt pretty homesick on the Saturday I should have come home on, and basically holed myself up in the room with room service and a movie. No, not that sort of movie....this movie! It was a nice way to spend the day - channel surfing and trying to catch a bit of UK TV in an attempt to connect to home. I was flicking between the channels, when I came across a Lloyds TSB advert - the 'for the journey' one - with the little pointy faced animated characters and the very high-pitched singing.



I was instantly transported back home - the advert always makes Dan pose and posture and pretend he's singing the very high part - whilst pulling a multitude of funny faces - and, sad though I am, he has me in hysterics every time! I got an instant cheer up! There was only one thing for me to do....I put the song as a ring tone on my phone 'specially to annoy all around me!

It's a lovely tune - called Eliza's Aria is a classical aria from the ballet Wild Swans, composed by Elena Kats-Chernin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!