5 Jul 2009

Birthday Geekery

Look what I'm getting for my birthday...

It's hard, from the picture, to appreciate the cuteness of it, coz it's not in relation to anything else! However it's a bit easier when you see this picture of one sat on a Thinkpad - which are the ones we have for work...

CUTIEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Several (non-geek) people (you know who you are) have asked why? You are on a computer all day at work, and you have a laptop at home, why would you want another computer?

Well, here's my answer - I like blogging - especially when away on holiday. Usually, when I have the time to blog, I'm not anywhere near a PC. So this is for taking away - using to upload pics to t'interweb, tweeting, facebooking, and all the rest of it!!!

Someone said to me, 'but you need a rest' when you go away. I think there's a perception, possibly from non-computer people, that the computer is a tool for work. Well, it is, when you're using it for work. At home, it's mucho fun. I use blogging (and reading others' blogs) nowadays a bit like I've always used reading before bed. It's very relaxing. And, who would comment if I went to bed and wrote in my 'journal', or read a book. That is acceptable relaxation activity!

So, let me reassure you that blogging and uploading pics to my multiple Picasa accounts is really nice relaxation! Even more fun if I can do it when I'm sat in a bar, in Venice, drinking a nice prosecco! Watch out - it's got a webcam - I may be wanting to skype the experience to you direct in real time!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!