6 Dec 2009

Celia Imrie, eat your heart out...

Friday dawned bright and breezy - and so after a coffee to shake off the fog formed due to the lateness of my arrival, we were ready quite early to head out locally into town. With nothing specific on the agenda today, there was no pressure to do anything so we just wafted around Ealing looking at the shops and making a few small purchases.

We decided we needed something to eat and Janey's fave bar/pub is a nice spot on the corner of Ealing Common called 'The Grange'. It was fabby...and we had a couple of their shared starter plates and some glasses of wine.

As we'd been wandering round Ealing, we had been into a lovely cookware shop and bought some Christmas themed wine glass identifiers - silly shapes which stick to your glass so you can see which one is yours at a party. The (rather super) salesgirl in the shop came over as we were looking at them and said "See the Christmas Tree? His name is Norman" - it's true - see the picture.

How could we leave them in the shop after knowing that?

They were really cute! We got them out in the pub and put 6 on one glass and 6 on the other. They looked so funny we then decided to take a picture of them.


I held up my phone and looked thru the lens to get the picture right. Janey was sat behind. As soon as I saw what was framed in the viewer, I started to giggle. Memories of "Calendar Girls" and of Celia Imrie holding up her iced buns!!!

What do you think?

I could hardly hold the camera up for laughing!!! In fact, I think you *may* be able to detect a teeny bit of camera shake!

Janey didn't know why I was sitting there hyperventilating into the table, so I just said, take a picture of me - and handed her the camera.

Her shoulders started to shake in that 'laughing so hard you make no noise' kind of way.

I felt really sorry for the people sitting near us as we sat there for about 10 minutes squeaking and squealing, trying not to laugh, but because all we could see of each other was a view with wine glass boobs, every time we looked across, we cracked up again! And this was BEFORE the 1st sip!

Totally brilliant!

I think I may have needed another glass!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! That's all I need to say about that I think... Other than, hope you had a fab weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell us anything you want...!