6 Jun 2010

Big Project - Crochet Cardie

I've been looking for a bit of a bigger project to challenge my newly found skills. It's taken a while to find one as most of the patterns I've found, make up into items I don't like very much, and that I'd not actually buy if I saw the finished product in a shop!

However, when I saw this cardie, I thought it was very pretty, and something I'd want to buy as a gift.

What do you think? 


So I went to the website and looked for what colour to order (for Mum). We decided against the beige-y colour in the picture, although it's pretty, we thought it was a bit pale for her, and I clicked on the colour chart that went with the pattern, for the recommended yarn, and decided on this nice light brown colour.

So, you can imagine my surprise, when the balls of wool arrived, and the colour was bright gold!

I checked the number of the colour that I ordered - it was "04" - and the colour that came in the parcel - also "04" - and then I went to check the number of the nice light brown I'd chosen on the colour chart. That turned out to be "04" too! How odd.


There was a link on the colour chart which said "for the full list of colours click here" and when I did, the photo of the colour "04" was completely different. Look ------------>

Now, looking at the photo of the 1st colour, I can see that it *might* be a gold colour taken in a bad light - but it does look a few shades darker doesn't it? The 2nd pic is far closer to the real thing. I may have to write to the company. Harumphhhhhh!

Anyway, the gold, although VERY gold and rather unexpected, is a LOVELY colour.

Super Shiny Shiny!

I'm going to go with it - it's going to make the cardie into a mega fab evening outfit. Over a black camisole & trousers with gold shoes and a bag - it'll look super glam on Mum!

Not only that but I think I'm going to make some bags with it too - I might even make Mum a matching bag!!!

Anyway, so that's my intention, and I *have* started to put it into practice. I'm doing the back first...



It's really pretty innit? I'm kind of impressed with myself that it is starting to look "real" and not like a home grown craft project. That may all change - when it measures 20cm I have to start a bit of shaping. Ahem. Not too sure how that's gonna work. I'll keep you posted!!!

4 comments:

  1. Think this looks fab Liza. I was in Hobbycraft Saturday and I nearly bought a crochet hook thing to have a go myself. I do enjoy all this crafty stuff your putting up - keeping a regular check on what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that was Moira! Didn't mean to click the Anonymous thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment Moira! As I recall you're a dab hand with the knitting needles aren't you? Crochet it *much* easier! Only one stitch at a time to worry about!!! Keep in touch xxx

    ReplyDelete

Tell us anything you want...!