27 Apr 2013

The beginning of the...beginning!

Not the beginning of the end, but the beginning of the next adventure. This coming week is my last week in IBM after 25 years (and 7 months). I thought I'd be more traumatised than this, but I'm so so SO looking forward to a bit of a chilled out existence for the next 12 months.

For the last couple of weeks, since I was sure I was going to be leaving and the paperwork was all going in, I've been drawing up a list of things which I'd like to do whilst I'm off.

Some of the things are practical - trips with Mum, Bo, Janey, Dad. Some of which are already booked! These, and other things, will fulfill my aspiration for this year of spending more time with the family.

Some of the things are lifestyle oriented - dust off the bike, train for a 5k run, walk more.

Some are just things I have needed to do but not had time - so some clearing out at home, visits to the charity shop to get rid of old clothes, decorate some of the house, get the garden under control. They're quite modest goals but I'm excited because they're things I've not had time to do for a few years.

I said to Dan last week that when I'm off, I'll be running the house on a bit of a food budget; we're lucky that we don't actually have to worry too much about what we spend on food, but, I've set myself a bit of a challenge to eat more healthily and having seen Jack Munroe on BBC Breakfast this morning, I'm inspired to get as LOW as I can go with the budget!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!