9 Nov 2007

Holidays 6

Thursday - well I know it doesn't sound like we've been doing too much but with Dan's sore neck and then the cough and sore throat, I'm conscious that we don't do too much to tire him out so we decided that Thursday was going to be a day at home. We got up about 10 and I made sausage, bacon and egg for brekkie. Then I tidied up the fire 'doins' from last night and Dan reset it. We read books and magazines and then went to get some more fuel for the fire. We mooched around a bit more then popped to the Balmoral Bar for a game of cards and a couple of pints of Guinness extra cold. Then it started to snow! Just a little bit....but it was nice. There were a few old chaps in the bar dressed in suits and black ties - there had been a funeral in the church - and it was lovely to watch them getting excited at the snow - '...ach isn't it lovely?' one said as he turned to the window. To be fair it was about the only thing they said that I could actually understand! Their accents were very strong. I wish I could have brought Dad here for a listen to see what he'd have made of it.
To round our lazy day off, we popped to the local Chinese so we didn't have to cook any tea! Now, there's a nice day!
(PS Picture is the 'surprising castle' mentioned in prvious post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!