23 Apr 2009

Dan's Birthday Part 1

Well we were there for his birthday so I thought I'd start blogging with the birthday events and surprises.

Well no real surprise that I'd brought cards and champagne and various goodies with me for the morning of the 13th. I'd forgotten any tape or string so when he disappeared into the bathroom I covered the bed with all of the goodies! There were lots of cards from friends and family and he was chuffed to bits with all the nice wishes from everyone.

After a light brekkie in Au Bon Pain (great coffee and cakes) we headed to Times Square for the 1st of the "Birthday Surprises". I left Dan on the corner of the street and headed off to obey my secret instructions. I walked towards Hershey's (Dan shouting some thing about 'Oh Could it be chocolate related?') and completed the assignment. By the time I left the store 5 minutes later, I was empty handed but my mission was complete!

Dan was looking quizically towards me as I walked back to where he was standing - I didn't have anything in my hands. No prezzie!

"Look up" I said, pointing up at the front of the Hershey's store.....

Janey had arranged for a birthday message to be displayed on the scrolling ticker screen on the front of Hershey's! Here it is in a close up view...



The words were displayed for 15 minutes. We took quite a few pictures of it - slightly different scrolling views (see the web album).

Dans view? "Very very cool" he said!

Story continues in Dan's Birthday Part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!