20 Sept 2009

Mango mango!

Dan came home from ASDA the other day with 4 mangos. They were only £1 each! I've not ever cooked with them although I am partial to a glass mango & orange juice in the mornings.

So, I've been looking up mango recipes online and have decided to make a couple of different things. Well, 3 actually.

Part 1 - Mangos 1 & 2 have been used to make mango lassi, our favourite drink when going out to the Aagrah in Garforth.

I'd never cut a mango before today and so had to look it up - I don't like attempting anything without knowing the 'proper way' to do it - but when I did, it was so pretty, I had to take a pic...looks a bit like an orange hedgehog!

The lassi is basically blended mango, yoghurt, milk and sugar. It's a luxury smoothie!

Part 2 - hasn't been completed yet but mango no 3 is going to be a mango salsa

Part 3 - mango chutney is in store for mango no 4 (do I dare?)

More pics of the 'making of mango lassi' are here on picasa.


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fabulous. I had no idea that's how you cut a mango. Wish I'd known that last week when I sat making a mess hacking at the mango I'd bought! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us anything you want...!