1 Aug 2010

Another finished thing!

I did a blog entry a while ago about projects which I have on the go and there were a few pics of a green bag I was making using stripy fabric as a lining. I had come to the conclusion that I was going to have to remake the lining with some interfacing in it to add some extra body to the internal structure.

Well last Saturday, I unpicked the lining and got started on cutting out the interfacing and ironing it in. I then re-stitched it together and put in a popper and a handle...



The rather ham-fisted stitching you can see, is actually where I've added an internal pocket, in the original crochet green. It's just a little different from the usual pocket...


                                      

I had already put some beads on the front of the bag...


So it was ready then for the lining to go back in...


I'm so neat at stitching!!!

And so it all went in nicely...spot the use of my new press stud gun!


Once the lining is all finished, it looks like this....

How cute?!


Perfect for an evening

End-on view

Spot my "Handmade by Liza" label 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing bag! I love how you arranged the beads on the front ... so dramatic! I'm a huge sucker for stripes, so I'm in love with the lining. You did a great job reinforcing it. I love everything about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us anything you want...!