20 Nov 2011

The Birds

We put out a small fortune in bird food each week! It has been like a feast for our garden birds since I got my jazzy bird feeder last christmas - the feeder has 1 hanger for seeds, 2 for pellets, 1 for fat balls and one for a fat block. In addition, it also has a tray for scraps and a bowl for water.

They love it!

Over the last year we have had a few really nice birdy pics using Dan's jazzy Cannon Eos mounted on a tripod in the lounge.

Funny thing is, there's a particular bird food mix which we get from the RSPB which is called 'Peck n Mix special' (groan) which they go completely mental for.

So, this morning I put out a bit of the peck n mix on the feeder tray...and this afternoon they descended (as they usually do) like a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds.

Excuse the vid quality - I was sat in my chair photographing my knitting...


There were at least 30 birds, and they ALWAYS do this when we put the peck-n-mix out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!