18 Feb 2008

The Holiday - Skiing

I suppose we couldn't go away on such a fab holiday without mentioning the skiing. Let's make no bones about it IT WAS TOUGH
We both found it quite hard. Dan from a beginner's perspective....
  • doesn't like learning new things
  • doesn't have very good balance or coordination
  • doesn't like being told what to do
Me from an 'experienced skiier' point of view
  • loves being taught new stuff
  • knows how to ski reasonably well
  • BUT am about 4 stone heavier than I was last skiing holiday
  • my fitness was such that just WALKING with the skis wiped me out!
So lets just say it was a challenge for both of us! I think we overcame/worked around it quite well, and, realising our limitations, paced ourselves accordingly!
I think we did really well and skied within our limits, and really enjoyed ourselves. We didn't go too far out of our comfort zone as I didn't fancy being brought down in the blood wagon / helicopter. That said, we're deffo up for another one - we were only chatting about it last night - and it'd deffo be in the Les Arcs area (and probably the Arc1950 resort in particular) that we'd return to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!