30 Aug 2009

Why does everything seem worse at 4am?

Been awake since 4am - it's 08:20 and there's no sign of sleep, although I *am* tired!

I often wake at about 4 - it seems to be the time where my brain comes out of its deep sleep and launches into the lighter sleep that you need for dreaming.

Last night/this morning I woke at 4 and, instead of just looking at the time, turning over, and going back to sleep, as happens most nights, my brain launched into a million thoughts. I could understand if I had things to worry about, but I don't!

The things that I was dwelling on, and which were keeping me awake were so mundane and trivial that, if I'd have thought them during the day, I wouldn't have given them a second thought - but somehow at 4am they seemed to be serious, and worrying and made my mind race.

Things that were going through my mind

  1. Plans for painting the downstairs loo (I'm not even bothered about this!)
  2. Not doing the garden (Well we don't - that's why we have a gardener)
  3. People I've not heard from in years
Bizarre isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!