3 Jan 2010

New Nails

Way back at the end of 2008, we decided to cut back a little on our expenditures so that we'd not be so exposed by the credit crunch side effects. One of our decisions was to try and pay the mortgage off a bit faster.

Some things had to go.

My once-every-3-weeks pedicures, (how fab do my toes look on Holiday?) and other regular beauty treatments were my biggest extravagance. I offered to give them up and put the money aside to make overpayments on the mortgage.

A hard decision - especially for my feet - but the right one for the house!

Anyway, here we are a whole year later and I decided that my tootsies were in need of attention. So, by way of a New Year treat, I booked myself into my regular salon (Skin & Health in Selby Rd) for a facial and a serious attack on my feet.

It was so nice to see Caz, the owner, and the 2 lovely girls, Em and Nat, who work there. (Hello Ladies, if you're reading!!!) Lots has happened in the last year, so there was a lot to catch up on. It was a really nice relaxing afternoon!

They've got the latest in nail technology. I've previously had gel finger nails done there, and Marina had hers done there for her wedding, but I've never seen these things before - called Minx nails, apparently they're the latest thing.

Anyway, look at how cool my toes are...they do so many designs - next time I'm having this pink and brown 'pringle' design!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!