10 Feb 2010

My 1st Bento Attempts

Hmmm, I'm not very creative, so some of the pictures on the Bento Box flickr pool leave me astounded. However, I think I've managed to make a quite pretty lunch...




1/3 of the box is filled with basmati rice, into which I chopped a couple of spring onions. Carrot batons around the edges of the rice. The middle 3rd is salad leaves (underneath) with alfalfa and sprouted peas on top.

The final 3rd is split into 1/2 protein (chicken pieces, a baby bel and a slice of ham) and 1/2 fruit (strawberry, pineapple, and some melon)

I think it's quite appealing and certainly has lots of colours.

I've ordered some cookie cutter shapes so I'll update this with some more pics when I've got the carrot stars in the mix!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!