4 May 2013

Rhubarb Triangle

In lieu of a bunch of flowers, Scotty and Michele bought us this HUGE bunch of Rhubarb as a gift from their garden. I'm making a ton of Rhubarb Compote to go in crumbles and pies! Now that I'm NOT WORKING, , I've actually got time to do this sort of thing!

Isn't the Rhubarb gorgeous??
                               
Anyway so, I can't remember whose recipe I use - I've a feeling it's probably one of Sarah's (or her mum's), from back in the day, but it's incredibly simple. 

Only 3 ingredients - white wine, sugar, ginger (fresh is best but I didn't have any but I have found that ground works fine)

Very simple ingredients!

Chop & wash rhubarb
Put in a pan
Add sugar, wine, ginger to taste
Simmer


Ready for the off

Check every 5 minutes or so, and keep stirring. It goes gooey very quickly. Once the rhubarb is cooked though, but not mushy, I usually take some of the pieces out, as Dan doesn't really like it completely decimated like I do! I can then add some of the chunky bits back in to his pudding. (We have individual pudding pots) I like mine completely mushy!!! Slurp. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!