11 May 2013

Shameless

I recently had to post a parcel at the post office, in a bit of a hurry, but as I was over in Liverpool, I wasn't quite sure where the nearest one was.

So, I googled the nearest one, which was in Speke itself, was only a 5 minute drive from the office.


So, having excused myself, off I went to post my parcel.

As I drove off the main road, I was thinking that it was quite a nice area - there was an attractive church on the corner and some large houses. Very smart.

As I approached the post office itself though, I could see the end of a derelict row of shops. I did a double take. In fact, all of the shops in the row appeared to be derelict; the windows were boarded up and the shutters were down.

It looked VERY scary!


The only reason I drove around to the other side to have a closer look was because I had called the Post Office to confirm it was open. So, I was thinking it must be there somewhere.

And then I saw it. A sliver of a doorway, open in between some of the shutters. Oh my goodness! It looked like something from the Chatsworth estate on Shameless!

It was OK inside. There was a customer in their pyjama bottoms, though!



A closeup just in case you missed it...


Scary huh???

As you can see from the photos, I didn't actually stop outside to take the pictures! I locked myself in to the car first! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!