10 May 2007

Events of Today

It started like a normal day; Dan was in the shower, I gathered some laundry and went downstairs to put a load of washing on. At the bottom of the stairs, I stopped. The front door was WIDE open! Good grief,I thought to myself, I knew it was windy last night but didn't think it was windy enough to blow the door open, and I shut the door over.
I put on the washing and came back through the hallway. Something was wrong. The top two drawers of the hall cabinet were open. There's NOTHING in them that we use...it's old envelopes, hair clips and shoe laces. Why would they be open?
I called Dan downstairs. "There's something wrong, the front door was open and so were the top two drawers of the hall cabinet" He opened the front door and looked out. His laptop case was in the bush at the front of the house. We opened it up - laptop was still there. Phew.
I said, "I'm positive I locked the door with my keys when we came in last night so where are my keys, they should be in the door" We realise that my keyring which had the house key and my car key on it had gone.
"THE CARS!" we thought, running to the side window. 1....2....yes both safe and sound on the drive.
"Your handbag" says Dan. "Upstairs by the bed" I reply.
"Your wallet" I say, "Upstairs too" he says.
"Phones", "check".
We walk into the middle room - over to the double doors - he turns the key, it turns and turns. Outside you could see where they'd levered off the outside part of the lock plate and pulled out the barrel with pincers.
SHIT, this was a serious break in. We tried to remember items of value lying around. The tomtom (safe) the TV and stereo (safe) the x-box (safe).
So far the only thing missing is the keys.
Are we the luckiest people who have ever been burgled?

2 comments:

  1. dont ask me why but im randomly on this, and came by your blog about being burgled! get your ;locks changed on your house, they may come back with the keys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice nillie! It was the 1st thing we did, and the car has gone for its locks changing too!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us anything you want...!