8 Oct 2007

Athlete

About 3 weeks ago, I came home from work to find 2 tickets on the table - they said 'Athlete' - hmmm I thought. I don't really 'do' concerts - especially ones where you have to stand up - and at the university - hmmmm again!
Well we had to park miles away and walked there from the city centre (in the rain) and queued for about 20 minutes (in the rain) you get the picture.
The first thing that cheered me up was that the beer was quite cheap! Then the 2 support bands came on...1st one wasn't too bad, the second one was, I thought, a bit self indulgent....they seemed to be all about enjoying themselves, and less about doing a performance.
Then Athlete came on. WOW. I'd listened to their new album, and had thought it was OK - but I have to say that LIVE they were FABULOUS! Go and see them if you get the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!