9 Nov 2009

Here are the latest needlework pics

The top left picture is taken with it flat down so you can see the pattern

The bottom 2 pictures are with the light shining through so you can see the extent of the stitching.

Really it's only the green and blue leaves I've got to
finish - not that that's a small job, but I never thought I'd get this far!

Oh, and the small blue flowers!


The blue colours are the hardest to do as there are 5 blues in the picture and a couple of the threads are very similar shades. I've already made one mistake, in the flowers currently rolled into the bottom of the frame.

You might not be able to see in the small pictures posted here - but if you click on the top pic to enlarge it, you'll see that in 3 blue leaves that fan out from the main section in the middle, ALL 5 shades of blue are present! I can hardly *SEE* all 5 shades in the colours printed on the canvas, so I need really good daylight to sew it in - hence I'm currently on a mission with the green - it's either light, or dark! Easy to do on these dark nights!!!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Your needle work is really beautiful. You must have oodles of patience to do this. I love the pics taken with the light behind so you can see how much you've completed. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, thanks for the comments Em, I knew you'd like this. It does take patience but not much skill - that's why I chose it!!! It's a kind of painting by numbers, for needles! There's enough interest in the pattern to allow me to chop and change - one day a flower, the next some edging lines and I set myself targets like "this week I am going to finish all the pink bits"!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us anything you want...!