25 Dec 2009

Comments working now!

Thanks to a fab post over at Webupd8, I've managed to fix the broken comments XML. It was a bit fiddly though - I had to use the rather marvelous Notepad++ tool (which colours your code in for you!) to get it right as Blogger kept telling me I'd missed a tag out!!!



I've also managed to sort out something else which was annoying me - in theory, when you're logged in to blogger, if you have 'quick editing' set on in your blog template, you're supposed to see a little pencil next to each blog post to allow you to go straight into edit mode on that entry.

This had never worked.

I was happy to live with it because I really liked the blog layout though. So for the last few days I've used 3 clicks (edit, edit posts, select post) to get into editing a post entry from the blog itself. Hey ho, I thought.

However, as I have now got a bit braver with fixing my broken comment XML, I thought, 'why not' and have got stuck in to fixing the 'quick edit'.

Again the internet came up trumps with a great post over on 'Free Blogger Help' entitled 'How to add Quick Edit Pencil' which showed me that it was just the image of the pencil itself missing from this template. How fab.

OK, now I'm getting really flash - I've been playing around with the text in the area of the comments and the labels at the bottom of each post. I can now make it display different text based on whether I have no comments or some comments!!!

Check this out...

Labels: Comments: I've got 0 comments why don't you leave one?

Cool huh???
 
 

1 comment:

Tell us anything you want...!