6 Dec 2009

A quiet weekend in London #1

I'm not too big on public transport but I hate even more the thought of driving down the M1 late in the evening. So, Thursday found me sat on the 19.40 from Leeds to Kings Cross hoping that the person booked into the seat next to me wasn't going to get on at Wakefield! (They didn't!)

As it was the 1st week in December and I'd not had time yet to write my Xmas cards, I'd decided that the train journey was going to be the ideal opportunity to sit down for an enforced writing session, and I prepared my addresses (labels) and Xmas greeting (a set of mini cards from MOO telling folks to read the blog rather than using up half a forest by printing out the usual round robin) in advance.


I got started before the train set off – I was so engrossed I hardly was aware of setting off or even the time! I kind of looked around every time I completed a pack of cards – one of 10, one of 15, one of 16! The numbers went up quickly In the end I'd completed 66 by the time I thought I was ready to stop! The time FLEW!


The tube to Ealing was nice and simple – Victoria and then Circle – so even though it was a late-ish start (19.40) and late-ish into Kings X (22.10) I was walking along the platform at Ealing Broadway just before 11pm really not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!