5 Mar 2013

Yo!

So, it's become a bit of a holiday tradition (3 holidays and counting) where we've gone to Yo! Sushi in the airport as a pre-holiday tea.

Now, what you have to know is that I completely LOOOOOVE Yo! Ever since our LAST trip to New Zealand, where Rukmini taught me how to make my own, and Dan bought me some sushi rice, seaweed and a rolling mat, I've been really in to the whole Sushi thing I was super impressed that Rukmini's kids took sushi rolls to school in their sandwich boxes. 
Anyhoo...the 1st few times we went to the one in Harvey Nicks (dwahling) we had a couple of really nice dishes (1) miso cod - a really slow cooked soft dish of cod - Amazing flavour, and (2) Dan had the soft shelled crab. One of his fave things in the universe. I had the plain old sushi rolls - I. just. love. them!

Next couple of visits, both of those dishes were 'off' for one reason or another. I think one of the reasons was the volcano exploding in Iceland disrupted their product supply so either the cod, the crab, or both weren't around. 

This made Dan - Mr Stubborn - decide not to go there - ever - again!

That was, until a few holidays ago, when we were at Stanstead (Seville it must have been) and I spotted a Yo! in the airport. In we went for a nice bit of Sushi. Still no Crab or Cod but it was lovely and it is a nice thing to do on hols.

Next time we were in Heathrow (can't even remember why!!!) and we ended up in a Yo...so this time, I even prepared him mentally for the fact that we were going to have to go there.

This time, there actually WAS soft shelled crab! See pic --->

Dan was chuffed to bits.

So was I, coz it meant that he wasn't chomping at the bit to get away, and I could spent a lot of time looking at all the little trays of food going around on the conveyor belt. I love that bit!  


On this particular occasion, they had a promotion on - some super expensive dishes which were £6 a plate. Usually they are £5 and under. 

Anyway...there were several of the £6 dishes (yellow plates for those in the know) which were stunning. There was a salmon ceviche with fish roe and coriander, there was a really deliciuos chickeny garlic thing with sesame seeds (Dan loved that) and there was a tuna carpaccio with a sesame oil...pic below. Needless to say with the Sapporo beer costing £6 a can, it was a bit of an expensive do...but hey...we're on Honeymoon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!