13 Mar 2013

Travel to Sydney


Got to the airport and after a brief explore, we went off in search of noodles!

On our way we saw the 'honeymoon dessert' stand - very apt!



The flight to Sydney from Singapore was very pleasant and uneventful. 7.5 hours of relative peace, overnight. 

Sydney is another 3 hours ahead so, with the 8 from Singapore, that put us 11 hours ahead of the UK.

The last few times I've flown long haul, I've taken the opportunity to watch a classic movie that I've not seen before. So, last time I went to NY for work, I watched 'Some like it hot' and this time on the Sydney flight, I watched 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie' – spectacular acting from Maggie Smith – I think she got an Oscar for it.

We arrived in Sydney and got through customs in record time – under an hour from landing to being in the car with Sarah and Steve.

Where did we go to first – Vic's meats – a wholesale meat seller who sells to the retail trade on a Saturday morning. They sell the most AMAZING steak, and at about 60% of the retail price.

So then it was back home to Mosman– where we met up with Alan – Steve's dad who we met on holiday in Vass last year. Then, on to one of the local cafes for a fantastic Sydney breakfast.

Next was back in to town on the ferry, one of my really fave things!! 






You can see our hotel, the Intercontinental, to the left and below the AMP building.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!