4 Sept 2007

Mad Cow Disease - Update

All clear on the western front! After having gone back to the doc's last week with a lump in my right boob which seemed to be remaining, even after the completion of my antibiotic course, I was referred to a consultant to have a little look-see.
I went to the appointment at the Nuffield Hospital in Leeds City centre on Friday morning.
May I just add an aside here - I'm not so wierd as to be taking pictures of the hospital for my blog - but - it just so happens, that Jacquie's grandma was born right next to Leighton St in Leeds - where the Nuffield happens to be, and so a couple of years ago when we were doing some genealogy/family research, we happened to snap these pics! Little did I know!
Anyway, a very charming man, Mr Horgan seems to be pretty senior in the grand scheme of things. I googled him of course! He came out to get me from the waiting room and proceeded to chat away very charmingly. Needless to say, an examination ensued. As I was laid on the couch (nurse-chaperone present of course) he said, 'you know what we do when we find a lump like this? We stick a little needle in to find out what's in it'. OH MY GOODNESS I thought to myself. Good job I was lying down or else I think I'd have fainted on the spot. I kind of knew this might happen, but I really only thought I was going for a mammogram this time!!!! Fortunately he's a bit quick on the draw, as the needle was in before I could really think about it, and the unpleasantness came more from the fact that I thought 'euwghhh he's scooping bits of my boob out' more than actual pain. It was uncomfortable as much as anything.
So tonight, I'm just back from the very lovely BUPA hozzie in Leeds for part 2 of the consultation which consisted of a mammogram, including 6 shots of my right boob and 3 of my left (totally not painful), and an ultrasound (ticklish).
This being the private sector and not the NHS, although I was there most of the evening - from 7-9:30 - they did my various scans and I also saw Mr Horgan again, who has declared me to be a healthy individual who just has a bit of a boob lump as a result of having had an infection in it.
A checkup will follow in 4 weeks time, but that's it!
SUPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!