7 Sept 2007

The story of the pumps

It was the week before going back to school, and I was aged maybe about 6 or 7. I was wearing my new black school pumps whilst playing in the park behind our house. In those days. before mum put up the 6 foot electrified fence with the spotlights and razor wire, we used to have a style to climb over into the park. When the big lawnmower/tractor thing used to mow the lawn, quite often it would leave very large ruts in the edges of the field - which happened to be just the bit in front of our style - and as you can imagine, when it rained, these bits got a bit boggy.

So I was coming back home after playing and my foot (and half of my leg) got caught down a rut. When I pulled my leg out, the pump wasn't on my foot any more. We searched and searched but the pump wasn't to be found. I was inconsolable. I knew how much money mum and dad had (or rather didn't) and I knew I shouldn't really have been wearing my new black pumps for playing out in. It was terrible. Or so I felt at the time.

It just so happens that Mum was telling the ladies this sad and sorry tale, and so last weekend at M&D's the following happened......
Liza here is a gift for you - they said.....









Open the box and look inside................









Is it something you recognise??????????









I wonder what it can be...........................









Is it something you lost?...........................









Awwww very cute little pumps. I feel better now I have a new pair :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!