28 May 2013

Garden

I've been getting some advice from Helen our neighbour as to how to plan and plant up our garden. I'm not very good at these things. I mean, give me an hour's notice and I'd be able to feed 20 people, no stress. Butt faced with a weed filled border, I'm a bit freaked!!!

Anyway, since having the fence done at the back last week, I'm all fired up to learn a new skill. Helen and I sat down on Tuesday and she showed me how she plans each bit of her garden. First an overall picture, then individual sections. So I'm currently having a think about what 'look' I'm going for in the garden. 

She's helping me plan a conifer and heather border.    

This one is going in!



This chap is in - get the bluey green colour of the foliage!! Lovely


These are the sorts of things I like (loads of shades of green and different colours in the leaves...


How pretty is this one? 2 shades of green on the leaves and pink stems.


 This was stunning - looked like a load of white confetti had been dropped on to it!


One with pink spikey bits - it's not hardy - but I know Dan likes the bright colours so I think it might get a look in!!


A little bit of a variety mix pack. Dunno about the ivy though, we seem to have enough of that already!!!


2 architectural spiky things - lovely colours aren't they?



 So, I'm trying to get my head round what sort of garden I'm going to create. I like clean lines and edges. I like wacky coloured leaves. I like plants which are structured and shaped. I like stones, and brick.

So, watch this space for a little bit of garden creativity!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!