30 Apr 2007

1st Day Back

So much for having got the jet lag sorted....I was asleep before 9 last night and then woke at 04:31 and couldn't get back to sleep at all :( not ideal....although it was quite good in that I got up and made soup & salad for lunch and a fab smothie for breakfast, then went back upstairs and it was still before 7am! I took my time getting ready for work, and watched an episode of Waking The Dead whilst putting my face on!!!!

It's a bit tragic to blog such mundane things but I had occasion to buy a travel hairdrier while we were away, and I have to say it's the best hairdrier I've ever had, so after a 3 minute blow dry my hair is completely dry (this is something that only people with thick hair will appreciate!) it's amazing!

So anyway, the early start was good as I'm a morning person anyway, and we got to work before 9am - most unusual for me!!! 308 items of mail in my in-box were read & dealt with, and a good old chat was had with the guys who were in today. We had a deeply fascinating hour and three-quarter long meeting about receipts for refunds and exchanges - something I'd definitely been looking forward to all holiday - and then my "super tired" symptoms cut in...
  1. numbness in right arm & hand alternating with
  2. pins and needles in hands accompanied by
  3. pins and needles in my NOSE!
  4. nausea
  5. faint feeling
this lasted all the way to Sainsbury's (on the way home) and I was getting more and more dizzy and faint feeling to the extent where I thought I was going to do my passing out trick in the car park, at which point I informed Dan I was either having a stroke or a DVT. The reaction wasn't quite as I had expected it to be....he was quite calm, looked me straight in the eye and told me that I shouldn't have had 4 cups of strong coffee today! Turns out he was probably right as I'm still alive & compos mentis at 10pm writing this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!