29 Apr 2007

Sunday Witterings

Well I think I've finally shaken off the jet lag. Last night I stayed up 'till 10:15 (wahoo!) and although I woke at 3:30 this morning, I managed to convince my brain it was night time and went back to sleep until 6:30. That's about normal for me so I reckon I've got it licked!

Yesterday we went to the Komfi shop in Birstall and finally bought our new bed! I'm very excited. It's quite hard for us to decide on anything at all so this is a major win! Not only have we gone for the mega storage bed, but also we've opted for a memory foam mattress which I'm hoping will relieve the 'Dan snoring' issue!!!! (Apparently you don't turn over as much on a memory foam bed and it's mostly when he's on his back that the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ starts!!!!)

There is a 4 week delivery lead time, so I'm contemplating a bit of a bedroom makeover. The bed is in a sort of coffee-coloured material so I'm thinking about all shades of cream, beige and brown. I wonder if we can get new doors for our horrible built in wardrobes????

Today I made my 1st Thai influenced meal! It's a lovely salad that Rukmini showed me how to make. The only thing I didn't have was the dried shrimp (this will be procured from the Chinise supermarket in Leeds at some point in the future) but I managed to get the seasoning just about right with the fish sauce (yes, I did say fish sauce on a salad!!!) and the lemon juice. It was very good! I've also just found out that the Weight Watchers point value for fish sauce is 'zero'!!! No bad thing when I think babout the weight that I've put on whilst I've been away!!! I think I'm going to try a 'Tom Yam' next which is a hot and sweet soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!