17 Mar 2009

Familiar Faces

Well the last post entry left us in the Eastern Eye with me knowing people on 3 other tables of the 12 table restaurant! It was just like coming back home.

After chatting to the guys, it turned out that the reason why there were so many people I knew in the vicinity was that the crowd of guys I used to hang around with when I lived here were in the pub 2 doors down for a birthday party!

I hardly ever get to see them these days, eve when coming down to Pompey as they all have young families and to catch them all on a night when they had babysitters was too good an opportunity to miss! We headed to the Wine Vaults (a pub which I'd just boasted to Nick and Laura that I used to be able to walk into and be guaranteed I'd know someone) and walked in.

It was brilliant to see the looks of surprise on people's faces! Accompanied by a whole load of 'what are you doing here' and 'did you take a wrong turn at Leicester' we had a very warm welcome. It was top to catch up with the crowd! Back in the day, we all lived in a group of streets in Southsea called the '-shotts'; Hayshott, Greyshott, Empshott, Bramshott.


View Larger Map

It was a great set up. Newly graduated, it was like being students at the same time as being grown up and having your own house! We saved money by having cheapo dinners round at each others' houses and didn't even need to get a cab home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!