6 Mar 2009

Ow ow ow ow oooooooooooooow

I have various plans for the summer.

  1. Race for life 5k - a couple of them at least
  2. Jane Tomlinson 10k Run for All - June - must improve considerably on last year's time.
  3. Abbey Dash 10k - one of Leeds' fastest (coz it's the flattest) road races.

All very good thoughts, but, although I've had good intentions, I've not actually got off my ar*e and done any running.

About 10 days ago this email popped into my in-box...

Armed Forces Fitness Classes To Start In March

Armed forces fitness classes will be starting on March 3rd and will take place every Tuesday and Thursday between 6:15pm and 7:15pm.

Classes are an hour long, suitable for all abilities and are run by ex armed forces who are qualified military physical training instructors. Warm layed clothing works best.

The meeting point for the training is at the roundabout opposite the icon Business Centre just off Century Way.



Organised by the people who look after the Thorpe Park Business Park where IBM is - it seemed too good an opportunity to miss - a group sporting event, literally right on my doorstep!

Anyway - Janice and I headed off there in a determined effort to get fit for the summer running schedule (she's running a half marathon).

I'm afraid the memory of what happened has partly been blanked from my mind. Lets just say it was bad and good at the same time. I remember nearly passing out during the WARM UP, Jan nearly puking during the squat thrusts, and me lying in the mud doing sit ups with my bum in a puddle. At one point I couldn't feel my legs.

Strangely enough I was thinking about Vik - the sorts of things we used to do together would have the same feelings of utter exhaustion and exhilaration. 'Come ON Rossi, you can DO it' always ringing in my ear half way up a mountain, down an abseil, or blind rock climbing in the pitch dark in a slate mine. She really knew how to push me to my limits.

So today, I'm in pain. I can feel the location of every single muscle in my body. But do you know what? It's great. I feel like I felt the week that V and I climbed Snowdon 7 times in 7 days! Shattered, elated & in pain all over. I'm not complaining. All I want to know now is, where do I sign up?

Bring...it...on.



1 comment:

  1. Jeez! could you think of anything more daft! You'll do you arm in!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us anything you want...!