10 Mar 2009

RICE with green beans or broccoli?

Our Jane, 2 x marathoner, has given her advice on my dodgy ankle (still aching).

Apparently it's R.I.C.E. (!)

R=rest
I=ice
C=compression
E=elevation

I've been doing the compression - bought a tubi-grip from Sainsbury's pharmacy whilst hobbling around there last night, and I have been resting it *a bit*, but I was a bit short on the ice and elevation elements of the treatment.

Off to the freezer for the obligatory bag of peas only to find there were no peas; Dan did a pea soup last week!

So the next big decision is, green beans or broccoli florets?

Anyway, I find myself now, laid in bed, foot on a mountain of pillows, with a bag of green beans on my ankle, having a nice RICE and beans. I think the broccoli would have done more harm than good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!