15 Mar 2009

Some things never change

So we're sitting in the Still & West and decide to go for a curry on Albert Rd. The Eastern Eye is my favourite curry house of recent years. Given that it's about 2 minutes walk from Scotty & Michele's I thought I'd better call and let them know we were in the vicinity - otherwise the chances of them popping into the EE for a curry at the same time would have been very high! Then I'd have got into trouble for not telling them we were in Pompey!

So, they were expecting visitors and planning to go for a curry too - in Aubergine, the new upmarket curry house where we went with Helen back in the summer. Yummy it was too. Nevertheless, we fanced 'proper' rather than 'posh' curry.

So we got to Albert road and popped in to see the guys for a swift drinkie before their guests arrived! We stayed a little while, said hello to their guests, checked out Scotty's new projector and then headed off in search of poppadoms.

About 10 minutes in to our meal, Scotty, Michele and their 2 guests walked in to the Eastern Eye. Aubergene had over an hour's wait, so they decided to crash our restaurant! We tried to sort out a table next to us but actually the restaurant was full, so they sat at the end of the room.

About half way through the meal the table next to us finished and left. I was thinking that Scotty & the gang could have sat next to us, when a couple came in and sat down. I did a bit of a double take. It was a guy who was on the same Uni course as me! John White. I stared at him a bit until he looked over and then we had a little catch up of the last few years! We're friends on facebook but haven't seen him for AGES!

So back to the dinner, and we were just getting to the end, when I look up and another group had walked in - I recognised a couple of the guys! Brian and Carl. Another 2 of the Pompey crowd from way back when!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!