29 Mar 2009

A Ghostly Encounter

So, we were sat in the Gardener's Arms the other night. We're not 'regulars' as such; we probably go in once a month, but nevertheless, we're getting to know the, staff and landlord, and on quieter nights, they will sit and chat with us.

So, it was quite quiet the other night. I was sitting at the end of a table, furthest away from the bar. Dan was at the side of the table. The landlord was playing darts with a couple of guys at the far end of the room. There was a couple of guys chatting at another table, and the barmaid was chatting to us, leaning over the bar.

We were just chatting away when a stool which was at the far end of our table just tipped over. There was a huge thump as everyone looked towards us. Dan leaned forward to pick it up.

"Did you knock it over" I asked.

"No!" He was most put out at the thought he might have done it. "My feet were under the table" he said, wiggling his feet under the table to prove it.

"It's the ghost" said the landlord.

"What? It's haunted in here?" I said. It was peculiar that, now I think of it, I'd been getting quite cold sat there the previous few minutes (I'd even untied the silk scarf I keep tied around my bag strap and draped it round my shoulders)
The guys in the bar were adamant. They said that there was definitely something there. Strange things happened in that bar. The landlord's dog would go beserk at nothing, Beermats and glasses would go flying - and there'd be noone in the bar at all!

So anyway, that's our 1st real ghostly experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!