20 Mar 2009

It's enough to tip you over the edge.

So, as mentioned in my Facebook status yesterday, Dan went all Percy Thrower on me. [1] He was hacking around at the tree in front of the front door which had got so big you could hardly get in!

Needless to say, after a couple of hours there were 7 bags of foliage needing to be disposed of down the tip. We don't have a brown bin scheme here. Usually stuff like that does my head in. Especially as our nearest tip, at Jn27 doesn't actually allow us in to it. (It's for Kirklees council, not Leeds, and we're an LS postcode). So we have to traipse off to the one near the bowling alley on Kirkstall Rd.

We get there and there's a queue. The guy is at the gate stopping people coming in. Apparently they're emptying the skips and it's going to take half an hour. Poo. We went back home.

Half an hour later we traipse out again. We arrive at the gate and it's closed. Again. They're emptying out the skips. Again. This time we hang on a bit and 10 mins later, we're the 2nd in!

I drive over to the garden waste area, and start emptying my bags. The skip is HUGE and so I walk right in to empty my stuff at the back. Unfortunately Dan starts emptying his bags right in the doorway. All the other lazy folks follow suit. No wonder they have to close every hour if people are this inconsiderate, the entrance to the skip would be blocked in 10 minutes with a huge space behind. Sheesh.

As we go to leave, I realised that although I'd parked facing the skip, thinking that the cars would park either side of me, car park stylie, a woman had just parked right accross me. I asked if there was any way she could shove along a bit. She just muttered, avoided eye contact and continued to empty her van.

Stupid, selifish, people.

Even through the descending red mist, with my superior manoevring skills, I was able to effect a 457-point turn and get out without ramming her, even though I wanted to.

[1] Quick update - Michelle, Dan's mum, has just informed us she went to college with Percy Thrower's daughter Margaret! How cool is that???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us anything you want...!